|Personal Development & Coaching
For us workplace coaching is a solution-focused, result-orientated, systematic process in which the coach facilitates the enhancement of the coachee’s work performance through increased self-awareness and learning how to learn.
Every coaching assignment is different and we endeavour to identify and agree a plan for the coaching process that best meets the client's stated needs at the outset of the work.
In our coaching we operate according to the following principles:
What we offer:
- A systematic approach to feedback and learning based on a well-founded model of adult learning
- Expertise in selection, interpretation and feedback of the full range of instruments for raising self-awareness, including psychometrics, development centres and 360 degree feedback
- A focus on constructing solutions and identifying learning opportunities (not analyzing problems)
- A collaborative approach to identifying goals and learning objectives that are helpful and appropriate for the coachee in their current situation
- An emphasis on identifying goals that will result in personal performance improvements and organizational gain
- Recognition that only those goals that are identified, planned for and truly owned by the coachee are likely to succeed
What we won’t do:
- Pretend that we are experts in the coachee’s own domain (we are experts in feedback and personal development)
- Say what we think is best for the coachee
- Give unsolicited advice
- Pass on own knowledge or beliefs
- Say what other people do in the coachee’s situation
- Say what we would do in the coachee’s situation
What we will do:
- Explain feedback from measures so that coachees can draw informed conclusions
- Listen and question to help clarify coachee’s thinking
- Probe and explore to ensure that we understand what is being said
- Assist in setting development plans with clear personal learning objectives
- Support coachees through review of achievement of goals and agreement of revised or new goals
Work Based learning
A cornerstone of our approach is an emphasis on work-based learning.
We believe that the most effective learning can occur in the job
itself, but that learning at and from work must be conscious and
Click on the case-study button to see the key stages in a cycle
of work-based learning
How can SR&A help?
Call us now on 0161 877 3277 to discuss how our coaching can help you or your colleagues to make genuine gains in competency, performance and confidence