Who we are
Stuart Robertson & Associates was created in 1991 to provide assessment, consulting, and training services. An initial focus on British Psychological Society psychometric training and product development quickly expanded with the company to involve all aspects of the selection and development of people at work.
SR&A has a reputation for reliable, high-quality delivery, geared to the specific requirements and culture of client organisations. Our methods and tools have been used across the UK and Europe in the commercial, public, and voluntary sectors. Major organisations that have used our services include the IOPC, the MOD, LHH, the VOA, the NHS, and a variety of police authorities. Also amongst our recent clients are Universities, borough councils, housing associations, hoteliers, legal consulting organisations, training organisations, and a wide range of companies in the retail sector.
Our tools support clients in selection, development, coaching, and career transition. We continue to provide psychometric training, now delivered in flexible blended learning formats, and have trained thousands of delegates successfully for qualifications in testing. We maintain a wide network of associate consultants who have all worked with us for a number of years and ensure flexibility and resilience for our clients.
private sector organisations
We pride ourselves on maintaining long term relationships with clients, reshaping our services with changing client needs. Instances include:
- Providing training and support to Career Transition Counsellors in a UK wide organisation to enable them to use Quintax in their services to customers – a client link lasting over 20 years.
- Supporting recent introduction of Quintax into selection processes for managerial staff in a retail chain spread throughout the UK. Based on a client contact of over 30 years. Quintax has historically been used widely in retail.
- Introducing Quintax to training company based in Northern Ireland for use in their workshops with customers – another link lasting over 20 years.
Our public sector work has extended over many areas including major public authorities, government departments, blue light organisations, borough councils and more:
- Completed bespoke development of a values based tool to support selection and development of operational staff, founded on extended in-company research, in a large Fire and Rescue Service.
- Contributed to a leadership development programme including Quintax assessment and feedback for operational and administration staff in a major Police Authority – a longstanding application area for Quintax.
- Helped devise and install tools to enable a major regulatory public authority to select investigators dealing with profoundly difficult, sensitive, and sometimes tragic situations.
- Completed multiple psychometric training interventions for HR team in a further large Police Authority.
- Provided training and support to install Quintax in a leadership development programme in a major Borough Council.
university and health sectors
Over many years we have been trusted by Universities and Health Sector organisations across the UK, and internationally to provide tools, training and consulting that draw upon the best of rational and evidence based research. Instances include:
- Supported development and writing of leadership module in an MSc course in an international on-line University – Quintax completion being installed as a student requirement for personal development.
- Supported training in and use of Quintax by academics in a large UK University for supporting student personal development.
- Supported staff development personnel in utilising Quintax in development activities for lecturers at a further UK University. Also contributed to use of Quintax for participants in the Laidlaw Scholarship scheme, again at a major northern UK University. Provided psychometric training for students across the UK in multiple Universities.
- Provided training and support for use of our Discovery series of assessment and development centre exercises in the NHS.
Use this form to send us your message or query: